Driveshell forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MikeG  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2018 8:19:19 PM(UTC)
MikeG

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hello, I'm currently testing out the trial of the latest version of DriveShell. I followed the guide within this forum.[url=http://forum.driveshell.com/posts/t3474-Android-Auto][/url] and now have Android Auto running on my carPC which I use 100% for the Waze app. Is there a way to get DriveShell to launch and embed this app somehow? I can get it launched but embedding doesn't seem possible.

Let me know if more info is needed.

thanks
Admin (Lasse)  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:46:52 AM(UTC)
Admin (Lasse)

Groups: Administrators
Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MikeG Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I'm currently testing out the trial of the latest version of DriveShell. I followed the guide within this forum.[url=http://forum.driveshell.com/posts/t3474-Android-Auto][/url] and now have Android Auto running on my carPC which I use 100% for the Waze app. Is there a way to get DriveShell to launch and embed this app somehow? I can get it launched but embedding doesn't seem possible.

Let me know if more info is needed.

thanks

Hi Mike!

Try adding the application through Settings->Apps->Application Manager as an External Application. I'm not sure how that will work with Android Auto, i haven't tested it myself.

Let me know if that works.

Lasse

MikeG  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 4:22:12 PM(UTC)
MikeG

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hi Lasse, I did try to do that via external app. It launches the app fine, but just winds up behind the main interface with a window called Android Auto - Desktop Head Unit. I can alt-tab between the two but of course is not ideal. Anything else I can try?
Admin (Lasse)  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:47:57 PM(UTC)
Admin (Lasse)

Groups: Administrators
Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MikeG Go to Quoted Post
Hi Lasse, I did try to do that via external app. It launches the app fine, but just winds up behind the main interface with a window called Android Auto - Desktop Head Unit. I can alt-tab between the two but of course is not ideal. Anything else I can try?

Okay, well it should work with the use of external app at least. The way it works is by hosting another application inside Driveshell. It's pretty complex and a few things can screw it up.

What file are you telling it to launch? Does it load properly FROM Driveshell, but just not imbedded?