Driveshell forum


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kouklo  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 9:19:36 PM(UTC)
kouklo

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/9/2018(UTC)
Posts: 22
Canada
Location: toronto

I see you have a plugin for tidal. What are the chances that you will have a plugin for Spotify. Im not a big fan of tidal I find that Spotify has a better selection.
Admin (Lasse)  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 6:16:46 PM(UTC)
Admin (Lasse)

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 9/16/2015(UTC)
Posts: 1,325
Man
Denmark

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kouklo Go to Quoted Post
I see you have a plugin for tidal. What are the chances that you will have a plugin for Spotify. Im not a big fan of tidal I find that Spotify has a better selection.



Yeah, i worked on a Tidal plugin a little while ago. It's far from finished, but actually works very well with limited functionality.

I've spent literily days researching if making a propper Spotify plugin was possible. It's NOT. Those SDK/APIs that exists are deprecated and Spotify does not care to make an SDK for this type of use, unfortunatly. Tidal has a really good web API where you can do close to anything thats possible in the Tidal apps.

I'm courious, what don't you like about Tidal?
kouklo  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2018 5:59:21 PM(UTC)
kouklo

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/9/2018(UTC)
Posts: 22
Canada
Location: toronto

I find that Spotify has a better selection in music. I also like the interface/GUI of Spotify much better. I have a idea tho. I LOVE the fact that you can open external apps from within Driveshell. Is it possible, once you open a external app to have it open in a specific area within Driveshell, this way you can still hit the "home" or "settings" button from the left hand side. I also noticed that when you open a app that the 3 buttons in the top right corner are gone. (minimize, full screen, X button). If we can minimize the app and then bringing it back again, that would be nice.

I made some really crappy pics to kind of show you what I am talking about.

https://drive.google.com...bVwL3dc/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com...B_8ov9W/view?usp=sharing
Admin (Lasse)  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:32:23 PM(UTC)
Admin (Lasse)

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 9/16/2015(UTC)
Posts: 1,325
Man
Denmark

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kouklo Go to Quoted Post
I find that Spotify has a better selection in music. I also like the interface/GUI of Spotify much better. I have a idea tho. I LOVE the fact that you can open external apps from within Driveshell. Is it possible, once you open a external app to have it open in a specific area within Driveshell, this way you can still hit the "home" or "settings" button from the left hand side. I also noticed that when you open a app that the 3 buttons in the top right corner are gone. (minimize, full screen, X button). If we can minimize the app and then bringing it back again, that would be nice.

I made some really crappy pics to kind of show you what I am talking about.

https://drive.google.com...bVwL3dc/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com...B_8ov9W/view?usp=sharing


Sorry for my late reply!

It should be possible, yes. But does it have to go from to top to bottom and not just embedded?
kouklo  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 6:01:34 AM(UTC)
kouklo

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/9/2018(UTC)
Posts: 22
Canada
Location: toronto

From top to bottom makes more sense on a small screen. What im picturing is have Spotify use as much screen as possible but have a back/home button on the side for Driveshell also be able to minimize it and bring it back up again. The best part about this idea is it would work for any app not just Spotify.
Admin (Lasse)  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 8:25:43 PM(UTC)
Admin (Lasse)

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 9/16/2015(UTC)
Posts: 1,325
Man
Denmark

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kouklo Go to Quoted Post
From top to bottom makes more sense on a small screen. What im picturing is have Spotify use as much screen as possible but have a back/home button on the side for Driveshell also be able to minimize it and bring it back up again. The best part about this idea is it would work for any app not just Spotify.


Sure, it makes sense. The easiest way to achieve this would be to make a simple plugin load an external program and then make some simple UI in the side to close/hide the app etc.
kouklo  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 8:44:17 PM(UTC)
kouklo

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/9/2018(UTC)
Posts: 22
Canada
Location: toronto

If you can pull it off than your software would be a God among frontend apps!! LOL.
On a side note I also want to say that its cool that you respond to things on here. If you look at centrafuse they haven't updated the software or even talked to ANYONE on the forum for who knows how long! What im trying to say is....THANKS!!!! LOL
Admin (Lasse)  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 9:13:06 PM(UTC)
Admin (Lasse)

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 9/16/2015(UTC)
Posts: 1,325
Man
Denmark

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kouklo Go to Quoted Post
If you can pull it off than your software would be a God among frontend apps!! LOL.
On a side note I also want to say that its cool that you respond to things on here. If you look at centrafuse they haven't updated the software or even talked to ANYONE on the forum for who knows how long! What im trying to say is....THANKS!!!! LOL


I can give it a try! it should be a small task i believe.


Thanks! but as you can see, i don't use much time on Driveshell at the moment unfortunately. I have a lot to work on in my new house and other projects at the moment, but i would really like to ramp up the development of Driveshell again!
Admin (Lasse)  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 9:15:24 PM(UTC)
Admin (Lasse)

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 9/16/2015(UTC)
Posts: 1,325
Man
Denmark

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Btw, if you want a more direct contact, feel free to add me on facebook.

But if you experience a bug, want a feature or something, in general it's better to keep it on the forum for others to see and discuss.
kouklo  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 9:48:41 PM(UTC)
kouklo

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/9/2018(UTC)
Posts: 22
Canada
Location: toronto

I never saw the point of mixing work/projects with personal life. Ya I COULD contact you on facebook, but whats the point? If there is a issue then its better to post it here, maybe other people have had the same problem. As for ramping up Driveshell again, dont get me wrong here that would be freaking awesome but obviously life comes first!
Admin (Lasse)  
#11 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 9:54:30 PM(UTC)
Admin (Lasse)

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 9/16/2015(UTC)
Posts: 1,325
Man
Denmark

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kouklo Go to Quoted Post
I never saw the point of mixing work/projects with personal life. Ya I COULD contact you on facebook, but whats the point? If there is a issue then its better to post it here, maybe other people have had the same problem. As for ramping up Driveshell again, dont get me wrong here that would be freaking awesome but obviously life comes first!


I totally agree!

But Driveshell is a great project and i wish to one day, soon, release a "version 1". In theory it's very close. There is a few bugs and missing features before i feel it's really a complete product, but it would be great to release a final product!
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.