Driveshell forum


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fuusob  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 9:50:50 PM(UTC)
fuusob

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/5/2016(UTC)
Posts: 69
United States
Location: Virginia

Thanks: 1 times
Hi, I'm new to drive shell. I'm trying to find out what people are using to get fm radio? Currently I have been trying to use a ads Usb fm stick with the stock car antenna and a eBay signal booster, but am still unable to get any signal. It's possible that I have bad wiring. I had to cut and splice the end of the booster to go to the usb stick. The stock antenna is a Motorola connector and the Usb has what looks like a mini coaxial connector.

Anyways I would like to know what other people are using and if they are able to use the stock antenna setup.

Thanks.
Admin (Lasse)  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 9:56:07 AM(UTC)
Admin (Lasse)

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 9/16/2015(UTC)
Posts: 1,325
Man
Denmark

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fuusob Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I'm new to drive shell. I'm trying to find out what people are using to get fm radio? Currently I have been trying to use a ads Usb fm stick with the stock car antenna and a eBay signal booster, but am still unable to get any signal. It's possible that I have bad wiring. I had to cut and splice the end of the booster to go to the usb stick. The stock antenna is a Motorola connector and the Usb has what looks like a mini coaxial connector.

Anyways I would like to know what other people are using and if they are able to use the stock antenna setup.

Thanks.


Hi fuusub, welcome!

No one is really using FM in Driveshell right now to my knowledge as it's simply not supported, yet! No nativly at least.. what IS currently supported is internet streaming of radio stations though.. But, as the not-finished radio app suggests, FM and DAB is on it's way.. it IS actually working with the Monkeyboard radio module that i've bought to develop for but the UI is not finished yet.. but this is on the top of my TODO list and i will be working on it today..
But for now it will only support the Monkeyboard until i'm moving on to the next module, which will be Silabs module which it seems many uses or wants to use..

fuusob  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 1:23:58 PM(UTC)
fuusob

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/5/2016(UTC)
Posts: 69
United States
Location: Virginia

Thanks: 1 times
How do I ad a internet station from url? When i click URL nothing field pops up for me to enter the URL in.
Admin (Lasse)  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 1:51:06 PM(UTC)
Admin (Lasse)

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 9/16/2015(UTC)
Posts: 1,325
Man
Denmark

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fuusob Go to Quoted Post
How do I ad a internet station from url? When i click URL nothing field pops up for me to enter the URL in.


The radio app is far from finished. i'm actually working on a much better version right now which will come out within a few days that's also supports FM and DAB through monkeyboard module..

Adding by URL has not been implemented yet, it really don't make much sense to input an entire url on a touch device so i'm working on a better method.. the method that works right now is through m3u files.. if you know them? they are basically just a list of urls in a file..

This is an example of a m3u file with Danish stations:

http://stream.novafm.dk:80/nova128
http://live-icy.gss.dr.dk:8000/A/A03H.mp3
http://stream.popfm.dk:80/pop128
http://195.184.101.203/voice128
http://onair.100fmlive.dk:80/100fm_live.mp3

Save the file as an .m3u file. This file can also be opened by many other programs like WMP, Winamp etc..

Now choose the option to add from playlist and browse to the file.. it should then import the stations..

But as said, the new version will be more logical.
fuusob  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 9:15:27 PM(UTC)
fuusob

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/5/2016(UTC)
Posts: 69
United States
Location: Virginia

Thanks: 1 times
I tried making a .m3u file with note pad. it looks like this


http://wamu.org/audio-player
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/affPopup?s=wtem-am
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?s=espn

but when I load it in the radio player it just says N/A. the file is located in my documents, not sure if that matters. I'm not familiar with these file types, can you see anything wrong?
Admin (Lasse)  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 10:25:00 PM(UTC)
Admin (Lasse)

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 9/16/2015(UTC)
Posts: 1,325
Man
Denmark

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fuusob Go to Quoted Post
I tried making a .m3u file with note pad. it looks like this


http://wamu.org/audio-player
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/affPopup?s=wtem-am
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?s=espn

but when I load it in the radio player it just says N/A. the file is located in my documents, not sure if that matters. I'm not familiar with these file types, can you see anything wrong?


If you see in my example, the links are to the pure mp3 stream. What you linked to is the website that has an integrated player.. what Driveshell needs is only the mp3 stream..

If you look here:
http://wamu.org/listen

In the middle of the site, you will find their mp3 streaming links that you can use. You can even download it as a m3u file :)

I'm not sure where to find the mp3 stream for espn.. not all stations will publish it though it can be found anyway but not easily.. try contacting them.
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.